Domestic work is a fast-rising high demand job in the UAE, most especially in Dubai. With a market value of just about three billion dollars and a whopping 5% of the general population in it, domestic work has become more or less of a career in the UAE.
Foreigners who wish to work as domestic workers in the UAE and Dubai especially must acquire a Domestic worker visa UAE or a Maids visa Dubai.
The need for Domestic workers in the UAE
For many business owners, and entrepreneurs in the UAE, time is money, and time must be spent profitably. Routine maintenance and upkeep of homes take much valued time, hence many choose to hire a maid or domestic worker on a full-time basis. This brings in a lot of benefits, most notably:
- Hiring a full-time maid or help is cost-friendly when compared to a clean-up agency that charges by the hour
- More time to focus on work and other pressing issues
- Solves the problem of unemployment as employers are to pay the minimum wage or more.
- Individual specialists that charge by the hour, often specialize in just one field, while a full-time maid is multi-skilled
- Obtaining a Domestic worker visa UAE for your intended home assistant makes this contract both legal and safer for all parties involved.
Rules and Regulations for a Maid Visa in Dubai
To legally employ a maid as an employer in the UAE, it is paramount you adhere to the following rules and regulations:
- To be considered eligible to be a sponsor of a Maids visa Dubai, you must be married and be the head of your family. Your bank records must also show you earn a minimum of AED 6,000 per month.
- The maid must also be above 18 years of age. UAE citizens and permanent residents can sponsor maids from India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
- You should pay for your house help within 10 days of the agreed date. Each working week MUST include one day of paid rest and at least 8-12 hours of rest daily.
Cost of a Maid Visa in Dubai and Required Documents
The cost of a Housemaid Visa UAE starts from AED 5,000, this is just the initial cost as there are additional charges from services to be rendered in acquiring the visa including a refundable deposit of AED 2,000. You can also apply for a Maid visa like any other UAE visa with the help of visa processing agencies.
Similar to applying for a regular resident visa, a maid visa also requires an entry permit into the country and a medical examination within 30 days of entering the Emirates.
Other documents include:
- Passport-size photos
- Complete Attestation form
- Sponsor’s resident visa
- Attested marriage certificate of sponsor
- Bank statement for the last 3 months
- Proof of accommodation
- A salary certificate
- A labor contract from the sponsor’s employer.
Maids Visa Renewal Dubai
To renew the visa of your maid after its expiration, the entire process can be done online or at an authorized typing center. Maid Visa Renewal Dubai requires the same documents as the ones required at the time of application. Some additional requests for renewing a maid’s visa are:
- The maid must pass a new medical test
- Maid’s Emirate ID
- Sponsor’s attested tenancy agreement
- Copy of sponsor’s electricity and water bill
Renewal after 30 days of expiration is deemed late and a penalty fine will be imposed.
UAE New Visa Rules
Following is the list of UAE New Visa Rules, enforced from the 3rd of October 2022 onwards
- Longer visit periods for tourists
- Six months grace stay within the country for those who cancel their residency visa
- Introducing the new five-year green visa aimed at supporting skilled personnel like freelancers, and other self-employed persons
- Parents can now sponsor their sons till the age of 25.
- Skilled professionals with an income of AED 30,000 monthly, will be able to acquire a 10-year visa.