Changing passwords is important for cyber security and you can also keep your account safe from hackers. Are you one of those users who are reading this blog to know how to change Yahoo password because you are not able to figure it out?
If yes, then you do not need to panic as this is the right blog for you here in this blog we are going to tell you how you will be able to change the password of your yahoo account.
Changing Password of Yahoo Account on a Web Browser
Here are the steps which you are required to follow to change the password of your Yahoo account on a web browser.
- The first step for you is to move to the Yahoo mail on the browser which you are accessing to change Yahoo password.
- Now, you have to fill in the email address which is associated with your account on the screen in front of you.
- In the third step, you will see a prompt where you are required to fill in the password, if you do not remember your password press forgotten password option.
- Yahoo will send you a recovery code on the number you have provided and then you have to fill in the code in the blank field.
- Once, the code is filled you are all set to change password to Yahoo mail by typing the password twice and then hitting on the continue button.
As soon as you will hit on continue button your new password will be saved and you can log in into your account using your new password.
Changing Password of Yahoo Account on a Yahoo Mail App
To change the password of your yahoo account using a mail app you need to follow up these steps and execute them carefully then only you will be able to change the password of your account.
Before beginning the steps you need to get the yahoo mail app on the device you are using.
- You have to open the Yahoo app on your device and then you have to fill in the email address of your account and then if you remember the current password of your account you can fill it or else you can press on forgot password option.
- You have to verify your registered phone number if you have pressed forgot password option by filling in the verification code you’re got.
- After filling in the recovery code you have to fill in the new password of your account twice so that you can confirm it.
- Press on the continue button to save the changes you have made and you are now done with yahoo.com change password.
You can now try to access your Yahoo account using the new password which you just set. You will now be able to protect your account from hackers.