Washington, DC is a city that’s full of history and culture. It’s also one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world—and it’s easy to see why! From monuments to museums and monuments again, there are hundreds of places where you can visit while you’re here. But if you’re planning on staying overnight in Washington (rather than just passing through) then finding a hotel that’s both affordable and comfortable can be tricky. That’s why we’ve put together this list of our top picks for cheap hotels in Washington, dc:
The Ritz-Carlton Washington, DC
The Ritz-Carlton is located in Washington, DC and is one of the most luxurious hotels in the area. It offers a variety of amenities to its guests, including a spa, gymnasium and pool area.
The hotel’s rooms come in different sizes and styles—from suites to standard doubles—and are equipped with modern amenities such as flat screen TVs and Wi-Fi access throughout your stay.
For those looking for something more affordable than at other luxury hotels around town but aren’t willing to sacrifice on quality or service levels yet still want something special (or just want some extra cash back), consider booking one of their executive suites instead! These units feature more space than standard doubles along with additional amenities like bathroom doors that slide open instead of closing all together so you won’t have any trouble getting dressed quickly each morning without having anyone else see what clothes you’re wearing underneath! They also come equipped with kitchenettes which allow guests who prefer cooking over eating out every meal
JW Marriott Washington, DC
JW Marriott Washington, DC is located in the heart of downtown Washington, D.C. and is close to major attractions such as museums and monuments.
The hotel offers a variety of amenities including:
- Fitness center with weights and cardio equipment
- Poolside bar with grills available for guests to use during their stay
- Club Lounge (by reservation only) with complimentary breakfast buffet served daily at 8AM-10AM
Loews Madison Hotel
The Loews Madison Hotel is located in the heart of Washington, DC. It is just steps away from the White House and a short walk to many popular areas like Dupont Circle, Georgetown and Adams Morgan.
The hotel offers 116 modern guest rooms with all the amenities you need for your stay in D.C., including HDTVs, free Wi-Fi, work desks and mini bars (select rooms). Guests will also enjoy access to our hotel restaurant featuring locally sourced ingredients along with an outdoor patio area with fire pits for those cool evenings when temperatures rise above 70 degrees Fahrenheit! Elaborate breakfast options include freshly brewed coffee drinks or specialty teas while continental options include bagels and pastries as well as quiche eggs Benedict or French toast made-to-order omelets served daily until 11 am.*
The Capitol Hill Hotel
The Capitol Hill Hotel is located in the heart of Washington, DC. It’s right next to Dupont Circle and just two blocks from the National Mall—the perfect spot to stay while you’re exploring all there is to see and do in our nation’s capital.
The hotel offers easy access to almost everything downtown has to offer: museums, monuments, shopping areas (including Georgetown), restaurants and bars. If you don’t feel like walking around after a long day at work or school, take advantage of their free shuttle service!
The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel
The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel is a historic hotel located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C. The property boasts an array of amenities that will make your stay feel like home:
- Free WiFi and wired Internet access in all guestrooms
- Complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby 24 hours a day (hot or cold)
- Business center with printing services and meeting rooms available upon request
The Dupont Circle Hotel
The Dupont Circle Hotel is an upscale, luxury hotel in Washington D.C. that offers guests a wide range of amenities and services. Located near the Dupont Circle Metro station, it’s an easy commute from many tourist attractions like museums, monuments and restaurants.
The Dupont Circle Hotel offers rooms with either a king or two queen-sized beds (with views of the city) as well as other amenities such as:
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property
- Flat screen TVs with cable channels on every floor
- Microwave ovens in all kitchens
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
- Location: E Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Amenities: 3 restaurants, 4 bars/nightclubs, health club with spa services, meeting space and ballrooms available for rent. Complimentary transportation service to Reagan National Airport or Washington Dulles International Airport is provided for hotel guests.
- Price range: $250-$600 per night (starting at $399)
- How to get there: Metro Red Line subway station is located only two blocks away from the hotel; however, you can also take a cab if you don’t want to walk.
The best way to explore Washington DC on foot is by using our map below!
InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf
InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf is located on the waterfront, but it still feels like you’re in a city. The hotel has an open-air rooftop bar and lounge with views of the Potomac River and monuments like the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool that encircle Washington’s National Mall (a must-see).
The fitness center features state-of-the art equipment to help you get in shape while traveling or after getting back from your trip—it includes treadmills, elliptical trainers and weight machines so you can work out on your own schedule without going into town every day! If you prefer to work out with others instead of against them then there are free classes offered throughout the week by personal trainers at all levels of ability; advanced users will benefit from group training sessions during peak times such as weekends or holidays when demand exceeds supply allowing access only under certain conditions (such as first come first serve).
Do some research before deciding where to stay in Washington, DC.
Before you book your next hotel stay, it’s important to do some research. You want to make sure that the hotel meets all of your needs and expectations. Here are some things you should consider:
- What type of location is best for me? Do I want a quiet place with easy access for public transportation or do I prefer walking distance from attractions and restaurants? Once you have decided where in Washington DC will be most comfortable for sleeping, eating and relaxing, then look at each hotel on TripAdvisor’s list of top picks (this can be done by category). If there are any specific features that stand out from other hotels’ reviews—such as free Wi-Fi or breakfast included—then check them out too!
We hope that this guide has helped you find the perfect hotel in Washington, DC. If you have any questions about our recommendations or just want to chat, feel free to reach out! We’re happy to answer any questions on where to stay while visiting America’s capital city.